Thursday 3 May 2012

Andre Butzer

From the research I have done previously I have found this artist that has several links to my work elaborate use of colour, unified lines and recognisable figures appearing out the 'madness'. many of these aspects not only intrigued me but want me to push "Toy Box" to this direction of painting while keeping with the idea of collaging.
Here are some images:




I like the simplistic style of painting for the image below as it reminds me of a child's painting. It gives me a link to the connotations behind the theme of "Toy Box"



The link between this and the previous artist i've been looking at are the explosive colour qualities and layers used to make a visually effective image. Aspects which I want to incorporate into my final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment